Peregrine Site Help
This page sponsored by:
To return to main Peregrine screen, close this browser window)
- Photo Album won't change pictures in Netscape
Netscape has a bug in that "reload" does not always load the newest page or in this case, image as it should. This means that rather than getting a new picture in the photo album every 10 seconds as in Internet Explorer, Netscape draws the picture from the cache on your computer.
In order to get around this, do a 'super reload'. Do this by
You should then get a new picture in the photo album every 10 seconds or so.
- holding down your shift key while
- right clicking on the picture and selecting 'reload frame' from the available menu.
- Continue to hold down the shift key till you see several new photos.
- Release your shift key.
- Help with viewing full motion video
The RealPlayer instruction page has updated details on using the real player (including download instructions if needed). Note... you must use the current version RealPlayer to access the full motion video. Don't try to use your browser.
Like most new things, there are a couple of glitches.
- The early morning lighting makes the picture too bright and washed out. Viewing is best after noon Regina time.
- We have to restart the encoder every hour. We are not yet certain which program is causing the problem, the encoding program or the server... but it just stops after about 1 hour. None of the documentation says anything about this. Our work-around: restart the encoder every hour. If you are connected when it restarts, you will have to press the stop button, and then start it again.
- we have not yet configured it to work automatically from the browser, so you will have to start RealAudio5.0 and make the connection separately from that program.